Fall is coming~you know what that means~another year of thanksgiving~and this year I promise to myself that I will not be afraid to make anything with pie~that I will just dive in and make an apple pie or a peach pie~or a apple cobbler.Behold~My Caramel Apple Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cobbler was born, yes I dove in head first and came out a winner with this recipe~on the weekend I got to pick some delicious apples from my mother in laws house and they were just delicious~Honestly speaking these were my practice recipe but it turn out soo well that I decided to share.
A twist on a classic apple cobbler but with a delicious crunchy pumpkin spice snickerdoodle cookie topping~its a perfect dessert to serve ob Thanksgiving or any holiday or if your just have apples laying around and don’t know what to do with them. The apples are tart and slightly sweet with a caramel drizzles mix in and to top it all off~Vanilla ice cream I mean come on~if your going to be a blutton for one day on Holiday to celebrate the Puritans~do whole hog with the turkey all the trimmings and an apple clobbler to boot~you will want seconds~even thirds so save room in your stomach for this one because your family and friends will fight for it~you might have to break a couple of hands to get a second scoop of this delicious cobbler~IT. IS.THAT.GOOD.~
Caramel Apple Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cobbler
- Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle
- 2/3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1Large egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, soften
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 1/2 cup separate for rolling
- 3/4 Teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon
- 6-8 Apples slice half moons(Mixture of sweet and tart apples of your choice)
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of Homemade or store bough caramel
- 1 lemon (to prevent apples from browning) optional
- In a bowl mix flour, cream of tartar, salt, baking powder and pumpkin spice. In a stand mixer fitted with the Paddle attachment cream butter and 1/3 cup of sugar, add eggs and the dry ingredients, mix till combined. Chill dough in fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8x8 inch baking pan. Set aside. Slice apples to half moons, and transfer to a bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well, add to apples and mix well ( if apples begin to brown squeeze lemon juice on slice apples and mix before adding the brown sugar mixture) add caramel and mix well to coat all the apples. In another bowl mix together 1/2 of sugar and 3/4 teaspoons of cinnamon.Set aside. take chill dough out of the fridge and roll small balls of snickerdoodles on to cinnamon sugar and slightly flatten them and place on top of the apples. Bake in the oven for 45-55 Minutes till apples are tender and snickerdoodles are golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool slightly for 5 minutes. Serve with Scoop of good vanilla ice cream.