3 February, 2015
Red Velvet Blossom Cookies
Its February, and I am guessing you know where this is going because you see I have Red food coloring, red sprinkles and Hershey’s kisses. In celebration of Valentines day and I officially declared February chocolate month, all of the new recipes I’m post are all things chocolate, I mean CHOCOLATE, HMMMMMMM CHOCOLATE, Seriously it still boggles my mind some people out there don’t like the taste of chocolate WHAAAA…………..Seriously this is my face when someone I know or someone tells me they do not like chocolate
That is my face when someone hates chocolate, I want to shake those people, kidnap them and seriously tie them in a chair and stuffed their mouths with chocolate and be like
I am not a violent person but when it comes to chocolate, I’m pretty serious about it because I cook and bake and I like everything and I love chocolate all things chocolate~I know I am being redundant but its true, anyways my rant about people hating chocolate stops now moving on.
My Red Velvet Blossom Cookies are AMAZEBALLS~ and is chock-full of chocolate, and well it also has kisses with and red sprinkles~the whole inspiration for these is the Month February and well Valentines day is coming and well you know what that means for food bloggers everywhere on the interwebs, all things red, red velvet and chocolate, I wonder if I can petition to make National Chocolate Month be a holiday, on February~wouldn’t that be awesome and sweet~I think so~this is a good Idea and I think it should be a national Holiday~not a food Holiday but a State-wide holiday~and all those who hate chocolate can just deal with it. My Red Velvet Blossom Cookies are perfect way to Celebrate Valentines day~make a batch and give them to your love ones or make them for your self, I wont judge and seriously you don’t need holiday to make these cookies, make them anytime and use your favorite brand of Hershey’s Candy~I use two kinds because well I just could not decide and why not. Hope you guys are having an awesome February and a happy Valentines day.
- 1 3/4 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Stick and 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder(regular not dark)
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup plus 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tablespoon Red food coloring
- 1/2 Teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 Cup of red sprinkles(sanding sugar)
- 1 bag of Cookies & cream kisses
- 1 bag of Chocolate Truffle kisses( or your favorite, you will have some left overs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with silpat or parchment paper.Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking power, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a small or medium saucepan melt butter and transfer to another bowl, let it cool slightly, add both sugars, vanilla extract eggs, red food coloring and vinegar, mix till smooth.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Put Red sprinkles in a bowl,spoon about 1 1/2 Tablespoons and roll dough evenly in red sprinkles and place in baking sheet a few inches apart. Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until puffed and cracked on the top, do not over bake. When cookies are done and out of the oven place Hershey's kisses on the center of the cookies and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you don't like cookies & cream kisses or chocolate truffles kisses, use your favorite chocolate candy.