4 February, 2015
Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Basil Pestro Alfredo And Artichokes Over Fettuccine Rigate
Lets Talk about pesto~I love me some pesto~homemade pesto’s are the best and they are soo fresh and delicious and very versatile to use, you can use them as a spread,dipping sauce, marinades and even to add freshness to your favorite Alfredo sauce~that’s just what I did~my Sun-dried tomatoes and basil pesto is oozing with freshness with a hint of the sweetness from the sun dried tomatoes ( note to self: use sundried tomatoes in more dishes) its seriously one of the best pesto’s Ive made~simple and easy and can be put in practically anything~well nto anything I wouldn’t put it on brownies but You get my point.
Really Making pesto at home is EASY~if you have a blender or a food processor then you have nothing to complain about how hard it is to make pesto because its super easy~few ounces of fresh basil~roughly diced sun dried tomatoes~2 cloves of garlic~ few ounces of pine nuts, parmesan cheese and olive oil~blend in a blender or pulse in the food processor and there you go
~You get a nice delicious and fresh pesto at home. that was easy~
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Basil Pesto
- 4 oz Fresh Basil
- 4 oz Sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 Medium Garlic Cloves roughly chopped
- 3 oz Pinenuts
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Zest
- juice of half a Lemon
- 4 Teaspoon of Sun dried tomato Oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 Cup of Extra virgin olive oil plush more if needed
- 1/3 Cup Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Basil Pesto Alfredo And Artichokes Over Fettuccine Rigate
- 14 oz Fetuccine Rigate
- 1 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 5 Big Tablespoon of sun-dried tomatoes & basil pesto
- 12 oz of thawed frozen artichokes roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Pasta water (optional just in case see notes)
- Make Pesto
- Roughly chop garlic,sun dried tomaotes, add the juice of half a lemon and add the rest of the ingredients(except olive oil) in the food processor or blender. Stream olive oil on top of the food processor or blender and pulse to your desired consistency (if you want more of a thin pesto add more olive oil) salt and pepper the pesto to your taste.
- In a small saucepan or a medium to large saute pan add heavy cream and unsalted butter over low low heat, once the butter is melted add pinch of nutmeg and artichokes and continue to cook till artichokes are warm and cook through, add parmesan cheese in batches and stir with a wooden spoon till parmesan is melted( the key to melting parmesan is to cook it over very low heat while stirring never letting the cream sauce bubble) once the parmesan is melted add the basil pesto, salt and pepper the pesto alfredo sauce and keep warm and set aside.
- In a large pot boil 4-6 quarts of salted water (remember if your wanted does not take like the sea its not properly salted) Boil Fettuccine for 5 minutes ( I use Barilla brand and their fettuccine pasta cooks in 8 minutes) drain pasta and add to the alfredo sauce and continue to cook pasta into the sauce for 3 minutes turning up the heat and mixing the pasta with the cream sauce with thongs. Serve hot with additional parmesan cheese for garnish.
The Pasta water was just in case the alfredo pesto cream sauce did not thicken~I didn't need to use it. The Pasta will soak up most of the cream sauce so if you want a more cream sauce use 2 cups of heavy cream, and more parmesan cheese. I didnt need to, it came out perfectly. Its important that you cook the cream sauce or else your parmesan cheese wont melt properly into your sauce and will just sink down the bottom of the pan~cooking the Cream sauce in low low heat will ensure the parmesan cheese will melt into the cream sauce. add some cooked or grilled chicken if you like. Peso will keep in the fridge for 2-3 weeks keep it seal tight in an air tight container.