18 February, 2015
Savory Chicken Crepes With Mustard Mushroom Cream Sauce
So Crepes~mostly a breakfast or dessert item in your cooking arsenal and in mine, thin layers of buttery pancake like creations stuffed with either fruits, jams and preserves and drizzled with chocolate or garnish with whip cream, all delicious in all of its forms but it makes me sad that crepes are just know for their breakfast exclusivity~I mean I don’t see alot of crepe item menus even in restaurant, unless your going to your breakfast joint, that’s all they get~either breakfast or dessert~well how bout dinner~or lunch~well in my case dinner~and boy I got one for you. My savory Chicken crepe is easy, creamy and all around delicious, using cooked diced or shredded chicken and making a quick creamy sauce it can be easily one of my easier dinner meals that makes chicken not such a boring meal to have, because seriously chicken can be really boring, I know most of you guys would agree~and taking it from ME~I cook with chicken ALOT IN MY HOUSE~anyways this Savory crepes is all kinds of goodness~it was so good my husband had seconds~WOW~and by the end of the meal he was soo full and complaining to me that he ate way too much~LOL~yea that’s my husband ( Love you babe) anyways these crepes are totally must make in your kitchen. Delicious creamy goodness and hey if you can have crepe for breakfast and dessert, have crepe for dinner~I KNOW ITS CRAZY~LOL~something different for crepes.
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon mince rosemary
- 1/2 Teaspoon minces thyme
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- more butter for pan
- Cooked and shredded chicken (1-2 cups)
- Mustard Cream sauce
- 1/3 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1 medium garlic diced
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- saute Cooked mushrooms(Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender add all the ingredients to make the crepe and blend till smooth ( scrape down the blender in case any flour settles in the bottom) in Saute pan heat 1 teaspoon of butter over medium heat, add 1/4 cup of batter and swirl pan till its an even layer and cook crepes 2 minutes till golden brown, flip and cook for another minute, remove from heat and keep warm while making the rest of the batter.
- Mustard Cream Sauce
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add two tablespoons of butter, add shallot and garlic and cook till shallots are soft and translucent, add 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard and sherry and cook for another minute, add 2 tablespoons of flour and cook till a sandy colored paste. Add Milk and cream and whisk till flour had dissolved, add the remaining dijon mustard and sherry and cook till sauce has thicken add salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- take one crepe and add an ample amount of chicken and roll it like a cigar and place in a buttered 8x8 inch baking dish, repeat with the rest of the crepe and chicken. Add half of the cream sauce over the top and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot with the remaining cream sauce.
I did not use all of the batter, but you can get 8 crepes out of this batter, just double the recipe if making more. Mushroom is optional just saute it in another pan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter for 5-8 minutes till brown and add it in to the cream sauce.