16 March, 2015
Double-Stuffed Oreo Fudge Cheesecake
Cravings~this is how this concoction of a cheesecake came to be~trust me, when I have cravings I dont have control of myself~its like another me comes out~out of control and CRAZY and just takes over my ability to see reason and rationality~trust me~I was not wholly rational~but crazy as it was to make this~and I know I’ve said crazy many times and you get it~this is heavenly decadent and delicious of a crazy concoction and I am glad with the results of my crazyness that came out a week ago~dont worry I have been vaccinated for my crazy outburst of cooking this time around but I cant promise that the vaccine will work.
Double-Stuffed Oreo Fudge Cheesecake is as what you would call an oreo lovers dream~and rivals that of Cheesecake factory’s Oreo dream extreme cheesecake, it has a thick layer of dark chocolate glaze, fallowed by Cheesecake with bits and pieces of double stuffed oreo pieces fallowed by a double crust~circles of Double stuffed Oreos on the bottom with an Oreo cookie crust. Do you see that madness I have created~do you see the craziness that is Double~stuffed Oreo Fudge Cheesecake, when take a bite its smooth and creamy with that dark chocolate glaze with creamy cheesecake flecks with Oreos and then that crunch from the double-stuffed Oreos and Oreo cookie crust~its certainly not a diet cheesecake thats for sure~but I can tell you one thing~not alot of sugar(only 3/4 cups) but overall this is a decadent treat~a wonderful mistake that I made for dessert of the week~trust me no one should be having a slice of Cheesecake every night~but some how~my husband and I survive the madness of this, and I’ve learned my lesson~save my madness and creative baking genius for later use~I am glad though that my cravings led me to create a cheesecake recipe now in my arsenal of baking. Make this a d it will be the death of you~but so what~once in a while is fine to indulge but not all the time right~make it~especially for those who love Oreo’s this is a perfect cheesecake to oreo madness that they would love and relish to have for dessert for any especial occacion~just not everyday.
- 3 Packages Cream cheese soften
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Package of Double-stuffed Oreos (19 doouble-stuffed Oreos for the oreo circle, crushed the rest of the double-stuffed oreos for the batter)
- 1 Package of Regular Oreos (40 Oreo cookies for the oreo cookie crust finely crushed)
- 1/3 cup of unsalted melted butter
- Chocolate glaze
- 5 oz Bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/8 Cup corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place a roasting pan in the oven set a kettle with hot boiling water.Set aside.Butter a 9 inch springform pan and line the outside with foil twice tightly around the pan.Finely Crush 4 oreo cookies, then mix in the 1/3 cup of melted butter in a bowl. Press the oreo crust on bottom of the pan, place 19 oreo stuffed cookies on top of the oreo crust.Set aside.
- In a Stand mixer with the paddle attachment beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed till smooth and creamy, add the eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated, add sour cream and vanilla extract and beat for a second, fold in the crushed left over double stuffed oreos and pread the batter evenly on the prepared pan. Place pan in the center of the roasting pan and pour hot boiling water on the side to rise up half way around the pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until Set.
- Cover the top of pan with foil if necessary from browning.Turn off heat and let cheesecake cool completely in the oven.
- Chcolate glaze
- Place chocolate and espresso powder in medium bowl, heat milk sugar, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, once the milk is just under simmering, pour over the chocolate and let the chocolate melt for a minute before mixing, mix till smooth, pour immediatly over cooled room temperature cheesecake, spread evenly on top. Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 4 hours to overnight before seving.
Chocolate glaze will seize if not spread immediatly over cheesecake 1/8 cup of corn sryrup measure by weight is 25 grams