1 April, 2015
White Chocolate and Cinnamon Crunch Brownies
I love white chocolate, like if I had to choose between Dark chocolate chips and white Chocolate chips~White Chocolate chips would win because of its milky & creamy smooth melting taste~I just really love it~I’ve actually forgotten how much I love it because it came to me that I havent made anything white chocolate brownies in a while~I guess its because its also my cousins favorite kind of brownie~SHE LOVES my white chocolate brownies soo much so that I remember on her birthday, she had ask me to make her 3 batches of white chocolate brownies~which off course I didnt mind I mean it was her birthday so I made them for her, then after that I just stop making them.
Well this time I took out my the old recipe and added something new, though I love the mixture of white chocolate to dark chocolate~I added something else~I replace the dark chocolate chips with Ghirardelli’s Cinnamon Crumch Chocolate squares~OMG~its this new discovery I found at the Ghirardelli store at disneyland~its beyond delicious~hints of cinnamon and milk chocolate together its dream chocolate concoction of mine because I love all things cinnamon especially when it comes to baking and this was just the perfect chocolate to add to my white chocolate brownies~it gives it a nice subtle cinnamon crunch taste and I LOVE IT~trust me when you make this one in your kitchen you will love it too~and I suggest you go to target right now and get one off your selves these Cinnnamon crunch chocolate squares from Ghirardelli~you will not regret it.
- 1 Cup all purpose flour(bleached or unbleached)
- 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Egg
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 12 ounces of white chocolate chips
- 5.4 ounces Cinnamon Crunch chocolate squares chopped(Ghirardelli)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. butter and line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper and butter the foil or paper, melt the butter and half the back of chocolate chips over a double broiler over hot water, once melted add the rest of the white chocolate chips, let it melt and stir till smooth.Set aside.In another bowl beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract or paste till pale, add the white chocolate and flour and mix till smooth and just combined. Crush or chop all the cinnamon crunch chocolate squares. set aside.
- Spread half of the batter on the prepared pan and sprinkle all the chopped cinnamon crunch, pour the rest of the batter on top spreading the batter evenly. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or till an toothpick inserted in the middle comes our clean and bronwnies are brown and golden on the edges. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes~using the foil or paper overhang lift the brownies out and cool completely on wire rack before cutting to squares.