4 June, 2015
Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Sugar Cookies should have been in my list of cookies to make but some how got over shadowed by all the other wonderful confectioneries the I’ve made, its probably because I’ve never really had a good sugar cookie, I remember when I was a kid, in every party or get togethers Ive gone to weather if it was a school thing or a family thing, sugar cookies are always a cookie dessert in the table among other popular giants like white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies, chocolate chunk cookies, Oatmeal and raisin cookies and off course the least popular sugar cookies. Sugar cookies I find were the least favorites eats in parties probably because they always looked unappetizing, there were very stale and hard as a rock and were just crunchy and most people dont like to eat hard rock cookies with no moisture that crumbles and falls apart in your hands~well my sugar cookie brakes the mold of the old sugar cookies you had and trust me these sugar cookies will be your favorite, they have a similar taste to snickerdoodles but thats only because I added cinnamon and nutmeg to the sugar mixture but you can omit the cinnamon and nutmeg, I just love to personally add cinnamon and nutmeg to any baking goods but these sugar cookies are sugary, hard but chewy and soft and wont crumble in your hands when you take a bite~they are what every sugar cookie should be~delicious appetizing and will become your favorite sugar cookie.
- 3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Stick of unsalted butter soften
- 1 Stick of unsalted butter melted, cooled
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar for Rolling
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon(for rolling sugar optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground nutmeg(for rolling sugar optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat, set aside.
- In a Mixer with the Paddle attachment, combined soften butter and sugar and beat till light and fluffy about 2-3 minutes, add the melted butter, egg and vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract and continue to mix till incorporated, about 1 minute. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt, turn the mixer on low and slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture till incorporated.
- add 1/2 sugar to a bowl( add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg into the rolling sugar if using) using a small ice cream scoop, scoop a round ball and roll into sugar mixture and place on a prepared baking sheet few inches apart and press the ball slightly and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, transfer to a baking pan to a cooling rack and let cookies cool on the baking pan for 2 minutes, transfer cookies to cooling rack.
Cinnamon and nutmeg are optional