30 June, 2015
The one Great thing about summer and I will be honest with you is that you get to go to a beach or a pool because you wanna stay cool and being cool and wet and frolicking in the water is just good fun to get away from the sweltering heat, but another way to escape if you cant go to the pool or beach or have a big fan with you in your living room to set on high blowing on you~well I suggest making my lemon bars~delicious~luscious and delicate ray of freshness in your mouth, its tart, sweet lemony goodness that oozes summer desert must have in your summer baking~and I know its ludicrous to use your oven when its a 100degress out but~for couple minutes these are worth it and will please your mouth and palate~because honestly there is nothing wrong with chocolate but when its hot~you want something that’s sweet~but not overtly so~and this bridges the gap. Make it~you will not be disappointed~Enjoy the summer with my lemon bars~.
- Earl Grey Shortbread Crust
- 1 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- Zest of a whole lemon
- 1 Stick(8 tablespoon) cold cubed unsalted butter
- 1 packet of earl grey tea
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon Filling
- 1/3 Cup fresh squeeze lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoon of Lemon Zest
- 3 Eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/8 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8x8 inch baking pan, line and butter with parchment paper. in a food processor add flour, lemon zest, sugar Earl grey tea, salt and cubed butter and pulse till fine crumbs form. Press firmly on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or till pale and golden.
- While crust is baking in a medium bowl whisk together the eggs and egg yolk, lemon juice and lemon zest, sugar, flour cream and salt. Pour over cooked crust and return to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until just set.
- Let it cool completely in pan on a cooling rack, then refrigerate for 2-4 hours till cold.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.