28 July, 2015
I can say this without any doubt that this summer has been cooler than last summer~because last summer it was at least 3 digit kind of summer weather but so far~SUMMER 2015~ has been cooler and more tolerable, alot of things has happen in the past couple of months~my sister came for a visit and it was nice to see her, her husband and my nephew~it meant a great deal to me, we spend some quality family bonding time and it was great and has put the biggest smile on my face this year~now on to these delectable~mouthwatering brownies~NOW NOW~not all brownies are made with chocolate~keep that in mind~My Orange brownies will be your summer favorite dessert to make~its fresh~dense and fudgy like a chocolate brownie but with white chocolate and nice bright citrus flavor of Orange juice and orange zest~the crackle on top just makes this so delicious and quite honestly I don’t know what else to say~Just that this gem of a brownie will totally be a contender to your favorite chocolate brownie because its different and delicious and a good summer treat to beat the heat, while brownies are always nice to have~something different is always good.
- 1 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz White chocolate chips divided (divided to 4 oz)
- 1 Stick unsalted butter(8 tablespoons)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup fresh juice from 1 ripe Orange
- 1 Tablespoons Orange Zest (From squeeze orange)
- 1/2 Cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, butter an 8x8 inch baking dish, line with parchment paper that overhangs on the side, butter each parchment paper, set aside. in a double broiler by using a medium bowl over a small sauce pan on medium low heat melt unsalted butter, once butter has melted add 4 oz of white chocolate, mix white chocolate with butter till melted and smooth, remove from the broiler and add the remaining 4 oz of white chocolate and sugar and mix to combined til sugar has dissolve, add the eggs, vanilla extract and orange juice and mix to combine, in another bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, orange zest and white chocolate chips, fold into the white chocolate batter till just combined. spread evenly on a prepared pan and bake for 35-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the top is crackly, transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool in the pan completely before cutting to bars.