1 September, 2015
Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
Lately I been really getting into making more cheesecakes, I don’t know why I have this sudden urge to make cheesecake or anything that’s revolving making a batter in a 9 inch springform pan lately, I think its just that I’ve always had reservations of making a cake our of nowhere when there is no specific occasion for it, but now I’m slowly letting that go and just being and feeling free to make what ever it is that I am feeling in my kitchen~good news is that I have a really good Dark chocolate cheesecake recipe~bad news is that I probably gained a few pounds for this cheesecake, but its soo delicious that who Care~seriously~Cheesecake is my ALL~TIME FAVORITE~ Dessert and its just absolutely delicious, decadent, deep in dark chocolate flavors with a dark chocolate ganache and Cocoa Nips~it is a Dark chocolate lovers dream and will rival any chocolate cheesecake (Cheesecake factory LOL) thats all I can say about this~its awesome that its all about what real chocolate is especially the cocoa nips~they are just delicious in this recipe~you can easily find cocoa nibs at Sprouts~
- Oreo Cookie Crust
- 30 Oreo cookies crushed
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 2 Pounds Neufchatel Cheese, soften to room temperature
- 1 1/3 Cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoon dutch process cocoa
- 4 Large eggs room temperature
- 10 Ounces of bittersweet chocolate chips
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 8 Oz bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Cocoa Nibs for garnish
- Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Place a roasting pan in the oven and bring a kettle of hot water to boil for the waterbath,butter of spray(pam for baking) a 9 inch springform pan, set aside.
- Crush oreo cookies finely with a food processor or by hand, add melted butter and mix until combined and moisten, press evenly on the bottom of the pan. Line outside of pan tightly with 2 pieces of foil to prevent leaking and bake for 8 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool slightly.
- Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
- Melt Dark chocolate in a double broiler in medium bowl over a small sauce pan, set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix cream cheese, sugar and cocoa powder, add the eggs one a time mixing on low speed (do not overbeat) and slowly add the slightly cooled melted chocolate and continue to mix till chocolate is combined, pour cheesecake in prepared pan and smooth and the top evenly as much as you can, place on the roasting pan, fill the roasting pan with boiling hot water just a few 1 inch up the cheesecake pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the top of cheesecake looks dry and set. Transfer the cheesecake to a cooling rack and let it cool for 5-10 minutes, run a small knife around the sides of the pan and cool on the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Bring heavy cream and sugar to a low simmer in small sauce pan, place dark chocolate chips on a small bowl, add hot cream to dark chocolate chips and let it melt for a 1-2 minutes, mix chocolate till smooth and pour over cooled cheesecake, smooth top wit ha spatula and sprinkle top with Cocoa nibs. Serve with whip cream and enjoy. store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.