18 September, 2015
Pumpkin Carmel Pumpkin Pie Swirled Cheesecake Bars
Ok~September~I am just here waiting for you to end so October can come in and for fall to start really, in reality~I should be patient you know~two more weeks of hot summer nights and days and then fall comes blustering in with rain, dreary grey skies and cool winds and hopefully for everyone in the inland lower electric bills because well~I’m pretty sure people are complaining about the heat and just want this summer to be OVER~so they can stop using their AC~I know my hubby does and so do I~but again~patience~and just wait~I mean just because summer is ending does not mean cooler weather for fall~when October comes but while I’m waiting AGAIN ( as Im typing this just waiting LOL) I will continue to cook with my favorite fall/winter flavor~Pumpkin~though this will be my last pumpkin recipe that I will post until October hits I mean~In no way in hell Im done with pumpkin~EVER~Like all the white girls who are lining up in their starbucks stores to get their hands on some Pumpkin Lattes ( LOL dont be offended by my sarcasm) again back to this myriad of pumpkin flavors all together in a cheesecake bar~layers of creamy cheesy and sweet cheesecake with pumpkin pie~and the bold and deep flavor of pumpkin caramel~I can assure you it is truly delightful and delicious~now I know that making caramel can be very daunting and somewhat complicated for the beginners but really its not~all you need to do is be a watchful eye on your sugar~once it turns dark and amber remove it from the heat add butter, heavy cream and pumpkin puree along with the spices and vanilla extract and there you go~but all together in this delicious bar is just layers of cheesecake pumpkin goodness that make your mouth water and a sure hit in your desert menu.
- Pumpkin Caramel Sauce(optional)
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoon unsalted butter,cut into cubes
- 2/3 Cups pumpkin puree
- 2/3 Cups heavy cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup oatmeal (old fashion or quick cooking oats)
- 1/2 Cup all purpose flour ( bleached or unbleached)
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 6 Tablespoon melted butter
- Pumpkin Pie
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of Clove
- Pinch or crack of fresh black pepper
- 2 Packages of Soften cream cheese (8 oz each)
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
- In a heavy bottom pan place sugar evenly on a medium low heat, do not stir and keep a close eye on the sugar, once the sugar starts to melt swirl the pan( takes about 5-8 minutes) once the all the sugar has melted and turns deep and dark amber color remove pan for heat, and add in butter ( it will bubble up furiously so watch out) add heavy cream and stir, add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and vanilla and return to the pan and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes till everything is mix and sugars all but dissolves, pour to a bowl or a jar and let it come to room temperature, set aside ( caramel will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, butter an 8x8 inch baking pan and line and buttered with a parchment paper that overhangs on the side for easy lift. Set aside.
- mix oatmeal,flour, sugar, baking soda and melted butter in a bowl until combined.Press evenly on the pan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream soften cream cheese, sugar on low speed, add vanilla and sour cream and continue to mix, add eggs one at time mixing them in completely, and add the flour.Set aside.
- Pumpkin Pie
- In bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, spices and salt, add 1 cup of cheesecake filling and whisk till combined and smooth. Pour pumpkin pie filling on the oatmeal crust, dollop cheese cake filling with large spoon on top of the pumpkin pie filling and using a butter and using a butter knife swirl the cheesecake with the pumpkin pie filling, dollop about 1/4 cup of pumpkin caramel on top and swirl gently with a butter knife. bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. transfer to a cooling wrack and let it cool for an hour, then transfer to the refrigerator for 4 hours before cutting and serving
If making pumpkin caramel is too complicated just omit it~use your favorite caramel recipe or store bough is fine. I baked my for 46 minutes.