6 October, 2015
Finally!!!~Finally I had a spark, well more like a motivation to make new and different dinner meals again~quite honestly for the last few months my heart for cooking and making dinner was just not at all there, I was getting uninspired and lazy with my cooking and it became mundane and monotonous, but then, one of our trips to our local butcher shop~the butcher said something that spark my interest to bet back on making different meals for dinner again~Even our butcher new my cooking was on a rut when he said ” you guys trying something ” I was thrown aback for a minute~I literary had a what the F**** face and that gave me fuel to try and make new dinner meals again~I will not let my dinner meals or my cooking be in a rut of sameness and mundaneness anymore it stops right here and Right NOW~with lasagna roll ups~Sweet and hot Italian sausage with a spinach ricotta filling rolled up in lasagna noodles with all that cheesy mozzarella and tomato sauce~a different way to make lasagna for a small crowd of 3 of if your brave enough 3 hearty rolls each for 2 (make 6 rolls) people~but if you are like me and my husband you would want to eat this in moderation~mybe just have one with a side of salad or your favorite side of grilled vegetables but either way~this dish is delicious and nut mundane at all, and above all super easy to make.
- 14oz can whole tomatoes in juices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 of yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic clove finely diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- Kosher salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon granulated Sugar
- Lasagne Roll ups
- 1/2 Pound of Italian Sausage cooked (mixture of sweet and hot ground beef style)
- 6 Cooked Lasagne Noodles
- 8oz thawed frozen spinach
- 1 large Egg
- 8 oz full fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a Medium sauce pan add olive oil to medium heat, cook onions and garlic for minute, add dried Italian seasoning and cook for 30 seconds, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Making & assembly of Lasagne
- Preheat oven to 30 degrees, lightly grease a baking dish(8x8inch) with 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid from the thawed spinach with a kitchen towel, in bowl combine egg,ricotta cheese, 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese,nutmeg, salt and pepper, spinach, mix well. Take cook lasagne noodles and spread evenly one sixth of cheese mixuture and cooked sausage on lasagne noodles and roll noodles away from you tightly and place in a baking dish seam side down, repeat with remaining noodles.Pour tomtato sauce on top of noodles and sprinkle 4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese on top, bake in 350 degrees preheated oven for 25 minutes.