15 October, 2015
Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Mac Bake
I think everyone should have an easy meal recipe for a family or crowd of 6, one that is a no fuss and a must have arsenal in the kitchen, when your just don’t want to spend that much time in the kitchen or do alot of labor, the good news is I have a recipe for you and the some-what bad news is that~the only labor you really need to do is grating cheese~and not just any kind of cheese~the good creamy~subtle and and slight nutty cheese that is gruyere cheese and Parmesan cheese~that when you combine makes and excellent Alfredo sauce~it takes up your regular run of the mill Alfredo so to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL~and I’m not one to toot my own horn here but this mac bake has got to be one of my favorite pasta dishes and if you know me & know me well, I like pasta(but not in love with it thing) and that is kinda saying alot~adding some fresh broccoli and even some baby bella mushrooms would make this an a perfect casserole dish~with smokey and slight charred of grilled chicken breast~its a complete and delicious meal for a crowd.
- 1 pound Penne pasta (16oz)
- 2 Cups broccoli florets
- 1/2-1 pound of grilled chicken breast, dice or shredded to large chucks
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 4 oz shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 3/4 cups of Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Pasta cooking water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to instructions, saving 1/2 of cooking water.
- In a Medium Saucepan over medium heat Melt butter, add heavy cream and whisk, add flour and continue to whisk till flour has dissolve and cream has thicken, add gruyere Cheese continuing to whisk till cheese is combined, add Parmesan and continue to whisk till smooth.Add broccoli to pasta, then the cheese mixture and mix combined, transfer to a large baking dish (9x13 baking dish) and bake for 10-15 minutes, turn your broiler on hi, sprinkle 1 cup of mozarella cheese on top of the the pasta dish and broil till brown and blubbly(keeping a close eye) Serve hot and enjoy.
adding mushrooms is optional. You will have some gruyere cheese left over. save for another use.