22 March, 2016
Salted Caramel Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake
There are absolutely no words to describe how incredibly delicious this cheesecake, even my husband has said that its “THE BEST CHEESECAKE” I have made thus far~and I would have to agree~the Khalua fudge ganache is delicious~the cheesecake filling, an espressco lovers dream of cheesy and creamy and with that added Sweet and salty taste of caramel~the layers of goodness just never stops with this cheesecake~make it for no reason, seriously like I did~and when it was done(The Husband and I were sad when it was all gone) You will be dreaming about this Cheesecake~take my word for it.
- Oreo Crust
- 9 Ounces of oreos or box of Chocolate Wafers
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Khalua Ganache
- 1 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup kahlua, any other Coffee Flavored liquer
- Cheesecake Filling
- 4 8 Ounces soften Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons espresso powder
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dark rum
- 4 Eggs
- I use Ina garten homemade caramel sauce or any storebought is fine
- Flakey Kosher or Sea Salt
- Chocolate covered espresso for garnish(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,spray a 9 inch springform pan with pam for baking spray or butter. wrap 2 layers of foil around the pan tightly, place a roasting pan in the middle of the oven, and prepare a kettle with water for waterbath.
- In a food processor, grind oreo cookies ( just the cookies and not the filling if using oreos) until fine, add melted butter and pulse till combine and wet, press oreo crumbs on the bottom and sides of the pan and bake for 7 minutes.
- Kahlua Ganache
- In a medium saucepan bring heavy whipping cream to simmer, remove from head and add bittersweet chocolate and kahlua and whisk till chocolate has melted and ganache is smooth and thick, pour 2 cups of ganache onto prepared crust, freeze crust for 30 minutes to an hour till completely cool, and save the remaining ganache in an air tight container for later use in fridge.
- Cheesecake Filling
- Heat the kettle to boil and set aside, in stand mixer, beat sugar and cream cheese until well combined, add espresso powder, flour, vanilla, rum and molasses, beat the eggs one at time until combined, pour over cold ganache crust and place in the the roasting pan, add hot water about an 1 inch over the pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or untill top is brown and puffed and slightly giggles when shaken gently, Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool for 3 hours, chill in fridge overnight, pour about 1/4 cup of homemade or storebought Caramel sauce on top when its completely cool, sprinkle some flakey salt if desired and add Chocolate Espresso for garnish(optional)