20 December, 2016
Deep Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
~The Year 2016 is ending, Christmas is almost here in a couple of days which mean alot of holiday parities and dinners being planned, you also no what that means, yes thats right~holiday cookies~every year I always give out cookies as Christmas gifts and this year is no exception~my deep and dark chocolate chocolate chip cookies are perfect for cookie swap or just making them for your self and your family~deep chocolate cookies with bittersweet chocolate chips with hints of espresso in the background~a truly delicious cookie.
- 4 Cups all purpose flour(bleached or unbleached)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons espresso powder
- 3/4 Cup Hershey's Special dark Cacao( Dutch Processed Cacao)
- 3 Sticks of unsalted butter, softened(1 1/2 Cup of unsalted butter)
- 1 Cup brown sugar, packed( dark brown or golden brown)
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 4 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes add the eggs and vanilla and mix to combined. In a separate bowl whisk to combine, flour, Dutch process cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and espresso powder together well and with the speed on low slowly add the dry ingredients and blend just until combined, stir in bittersweet chocolate chips.( the dough should not be sticky but somewhat crumbly, if too crumbly add a teaspoon of water at a time)
- Using a kitchen scale weight each rounded dough 2 ounces each and place on baking sheet 1 inches apart, slightly press down on each dough and bake for 15 minutes, transfer baking sheet to a cooling rack and let the cookies sit on the baking pan for 5 minutes before cooling completely on cooling rack.