21 July, 2017
Cookie Butter Cheesecake Cookie Bars
I do apologize, and what am I apologizing for? really? well to be honest I been on a cheesecake bar kick lately with a couple of my post, its been a cheesecake frenzy and I really don’t know why, I love Cheesecake and cookie bars so it makes sense for me to always combine 2 of my favorite things in a dessert but there is a point were it becomes way too much or way too rich and clearly I haven’t reach the point of realization that the overly richness of cheesecake stuffed cookie bars just yet and I am staying true to this addiction because combining a beloved cookie butter spread with cookie bars and cheesecake is like a whole other level of goodness that just works, I mean Biscoff and other named cookie butter brands are popular now and I LOVE them, because to be honest I am not really a fan of peanut butter~I like it but I am not IN-LOVE with peanut butter, I LOVE cookie butter and adding cookie butter to a cookie bars is just right and amazing and wonderful, now I use caramel chips which is sadly now unavailable in my grocery stores including target which makes me sad because I love caramel chips( Ghirardelli you let me down but discontinuing caramel chip 🙁 ) if you have them in your grocery stores, I say its time to stock up because they might be gone the next time you go,but if your grocery stores don’t carry them anymore, you can use white chocolate chips or butterscotch, these bars are just the epitome of goodness & cookie butter lovers will just die and go to heaven with these because that’s what happened to me~died and gone to heaven with these euphoric cookie bars, take my word for it ( which I have said many times but by now you should trust me) and make it in your kitchen and if I were you, I wont share with anyone else because its THAT good.
- 2 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter (16 tablespoons)
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 Cup cookie butter (any cookie butter brand you like)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Caramel Chips ( white chocolate or butterscotch will work or whatever you like)
- Cheesecake Layer
- 8 oz cream cheese, soften to room temperature
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Line 9x9 square baking pan with foil that overhangs on the side and spray with non stick cooking spray, set aside. In a stand mixer beat the butter till and sugar till light and fluffy, add cookie butter and continue to beat till fully incorporated, add vanilla extract and the eggs one at time till fully combined, in a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking soda, with the mixer on low slowly incorporate dry ingredients into cookie butter mixture and mix till combined, fold in caramel chips( or any chips of your choice) and set aside.
- Cheesecake Layer
- either in a clean bowl or your stand mixer( or hand mixer) beat cream cheese till its light and fluffy, add sugar and continue to mix till its incorporated, add eggs and vanilla extract and beat till combined.
- Press half of the cookie butter on the bottom of the prepared pan, spread cheesecake layer evenly on top of the cookie butter, with clean hands add remaining cookie butter on top of the cheesecake layer in flat disc and bake for 40-45 minutes till the cookie butter is lightly golden brown. transfer pan to cooling rack and let it cool for 30 minutes, transfer pan in the fridge to cool completely. Cut into bars and enjoy.