8 August, 2018
Brown Butter Toffee & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brown butter, can I just say that I love brown butter and lately I’ve been obsessing over brown butter, I mean my obsession know no bounds with brown butter, its very complex and gives anything you bake with brown butter this nutty richness that regular unsalted butter that lacks, I mean its very subtle but its there and in my new brown butter Toffee & White Chocolate Chip cookies its in the background and adds soo much depth to this cookie, you get the caramel like crunch with the toffee, milkiness with the white chocolate and in the background if your taste buds are quite in-tune then the brown butter nuttiness hits you and then for an added touch for that sweet and salty taste some coarse kosher salt, you might say that its almost the perfect cookies but we both know that my definitive chocolate cookies are the PERFECT COOKIES, but these Brown Butter Toffee & White chocolate Chip Cookie can certainly be up in the running, hey prove me wrong and make it your self and have a taste.
- 2 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour(bleached or unbleached)
- 15 Tablespoons unsalted butter browned and chilled for 1-2 hours
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon coarse kosher Salt plus more for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- 2 Teaspoon good Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Heath Bits O Brickle Toffee Chips
- Make Brown Butter
- In a small Saucepan over medium low heat melt and cook butter for 8-10 minutes till white and foaming and starts to sputter, continue to cook and stir, keeping a close eye until the white foam starts to turn to clear bubbles, continue to cook and stir till milk fat flecks starts to turn brown, take pan off the heat transfer brown butter to a safe bowl and refrigerate till some what solid for 1-2 hours but not completely cold through.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, add the chilled brown butter and brown sugar and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes until light, creamy and pale, add in the eggs one a time making sure each egg is incorporated, add in the vanilla extract. In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and kosher salt, with the mixer on low slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients till fully combined.Stir in the white chocolate Chips and toffee bits by hand.
- Scoop 3 even tablespoons of dough into a ball and place on baking sheet evenly space about 6-7 balls in a baking pan and Let it rest in the fridge for 2-4 hours or overnight(overnight is best, trust me you will get a better tasting cookie if it rest overnight) preheat your oven to 375 degrees and bake cookies for 16 minutes, transfer pan to a cooling rack and sprinkle kosher salt on baked cookies, let cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely or enjoy warm to your desired.