I gotta be honest here, I never really had a favorite brownie, I like them but they were not my favorite dessert (for those who know me my favorite all time dessert is cheesecake~I go mad for cheesecake) but recently I been eying Caramel. This week has been just a frenzy of eating junk food and to be honest, yesterday I felt really sluggish and lazy and I think its because of all the junk food I ate on the weekend and that afternoon ( cheese sauce and hot cheetos HEAVEN) plus I have a pimple next to my nose lol (I may be laughing but I will not be going outside anytime soon till this goes away) and well I had this massive craving for caramel brownies and well caramel. I sat on my laptop looking at pinterest drooling over pinboards of different recipes of caramel brownies, my mouth watered, salivated really bad, after 30 minutes of food porn, I decided to ” WHAT THE HELL I AM GONNA MAKE MY OWN CARAMEL BROWNIES”.
HMMMMMMM CARAMEL I swear yesterday I was not at all my self, I let my cravings cloud my judgment and I had way too much cheese sauce and hot cheetos, but overall I had a good result in letting my cravings get the best of me. I Created My NOW favorite brownie. Deep Dark Chocolate Caramel brownie. It deep in chocolate flavor and with the added espresso powder, with the creaminess of the caramel I believe made good contrast with the deepness of the chocolate. The Brownie is not too sweet, it is dark in flavor and the caramel is smooth and gives the brownie a creamy texture. It is now my one and only favorite brownie. Thank you Cravings for helping create this fantastic, decadent dessert hahaha.
Deep & Dark Chocolate Caramel Brownies
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter, Unsalted
- 3 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream
- 3.5 Ounces of Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter( 8 tablespoons)
- 1 Teaspoon of Espresso Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 2/3 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- In a medium Sauce Pan heat granulated sugar till it starts to melt and turns amber color ( 5-7 minutes) Stir occasionally, net letting it burn. Once Sugar has melted and smooth add butter and stir to incorporate( you may not be able to incorporate all the butter). Add the heavy cream and stir til combine. Pour Caramel to a parchment paper lined medium plate, let is sit for 5-10 minutes till its warm, transfer to freezer for 15-20 minutes till its firm. Using a pizza cutter cut caramels to squares.
- (Note: Spray parchment paper with cooking spray for added insurance, I did not spray mine and I had a bit of trouble getting my caramels out because mine caramel were not firm enough.)
- Butter and Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Either on a low heat on a small to medium sauce pan or a double broiler, melt butter and bittersweet chocolate till its smooth, stirring occasionally, not letting the chocolate burn on low heat. Once the chocolate and butter has melted transfer to a medium bowl, add Espresso Powder and Sugar and whisk til combined, add the Eggs and vanilla and whisk til combined, then add the flour and whisk till just combined. Spread half of the brownie batter on a prepared 8x8 inch baking pan evenly, add half of the caramel pieces, then add the remaining brownie batter on top and the caramel on top. Bake for 30-35 minute or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a cooking wrack. Let it cool for 30 minutes, using the parchment paper lift brownie out of the pan and let it cool on the wire rack completely. Serve with a cup of milk, enjoy.