I Love Orange Chicken but frying is not really healthy so I came up with a healthier non-fried version of our favorite Chinese food take out. I feel bad sometimes for my Baby because he does not like to eat a lot of dark meat ( I know right dark meat is delicious ) and most Chinese restaurants and their entree is all made with dark meat~which is why we don’t have alot of Chinese food, it has been a while since I made Orange Chicken and I was mixing sauces to get the right taste for Orange Chicken and I think I hit the Jackpot.
I also made Egg Fried rice which is not really hard to make, before I started cooking I always wanted to make fried rice and when ever I make my own it just did not turn out right and this fried rice was perfect, I think all the times I tried to make fried rice, I over seasoned them, which really is a mistake because fried rice really just needs one seasoning, soy sauce, duhhhhh lol~I hope you enjoy my healthier Version of Orange Chicken with Egg Fried rice~it requires a little bit of oil, no wok necessary just use a medium- large saute pan.
Stir-Fry Orange Chicken With Egg Fried Rice
- 3 Tablespoons of Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoons of Rice Vinegar
- 1 Pound of boneless, skinless Chicken breast cut in cubes
- Orange Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Orange Marmalade
- 2 Tablespoons of Rice Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon of grated Ginger
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Juice of half an orange
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Corn starch & Water
- Egg Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 Cup of Cooked White Rice
- 3 Tablespoons of Soy sauce
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- In a Large Saute pan or wok, heat in medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil, Cook eggs till they are done, remove, break to pieces with a spoon and set aside, add another 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and add white rice, stirring and breaking up the rice with a wooden spoon, stir-fry for a minute or two. add Soy sauce and egg and mix and continue to cook for another minute or two, taste for seasoning and when its right remove from heat and serve with Stir-fry Orange Chicken, Enjoy.
- Marinate the cube chicken in soy sauce mixture in a bowl or a zip lock bag for 3-4 hours turning or mixing often. When done marinating discard the soy sauce mixture. Mix the chilli sauce, orange marmalade, rice vinegar, ginger, orange zest and orange juice, brown sugar and pepper in a medium bowl and mix to combine.Mix corn starch and water in a small bowl till combine and set aside. Heat a saute pan or Wok on medium high heat, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil, when the oil is hot and smoking add in the chicken, stirring and cooking all the way through ( 5-7 minutes) add in the orange sauce and the corn starch/water mixture and continue to cook till sauce thickens. remove from heat.