What could be better with french toast for breakfast, how bout adding banana and nutella and what do you get, a sinful and heavenly delicious breakfast that takes your breakfast to another level of awesomeness in the morning that is worth getting up to and making.This was my experience yesterday morning, not just because I went to see Oz The Great and Powerful at the Pantages Theater but I started with this in the morning, this is by far one of my sinful dishes that I created because well its basically a sugar high with the bananas foster and I know that adding banana and nutella spread would had made this a healthier breakfast dish but that just went out of the window and why not~I never said I was going to make a healthy breakfast dish in the morning anyway and besides I would choose this over a bowl of cereal.
I will be honest there is no rum in my bananas foster because well I don’t have rum, so its more like a banana caramel topping but lets just call it no-alcohol bananas foster, either way it is still good, and if you have any left overs use it as a topping for Ice cream HMMMMMMM.
Nutella & Banana Stuffed French Toast With Bananas Foster
- 4 Slices of Stale Sandwich Bread ( I use Sara Lee Honey Wheat Bread)
- Nutella Spread
- 1 Banana cut into coins
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of good Vanilla Extract
- A Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon(optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of nutmeg(optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon of allspice(optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Bananas Foster
- 2 bananas Cut into coins
- 4 Tablespoon of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup of Rum(Optional)
- In a medium saute pan melt 4 tablespoons of butter on low heat, once melted add brown sugar and stir until brown sugar has melted, add bananas and heavy cream and continue to cook till heavy cream is combine and bananas are soft. Keep warm and set aside.
- In a small Bowl mix, milk, egg, vanilla, sugar, salt, spices until its combined. Spread nutella evenly on all sandwich bread, add the bananas on one side of the bread. Cut the sandwich into triangle. Heat griddle or skillet in a with a tablespoon of butter, swirl butter to coat the pan, dip Sandwich in the vanilla batter, flipping 1-2 times till its soak but firm, place on the hot griddle and cook for 3-4 minutes per side ( depends on the thickness of your bread) till its golden and brown and cook. Top with bananas Foster, Serve warm. Enjoy.