Happy Monday to you all and I hope that you guys had a fun and Safe St. Patrick’s Day weekend, I know I did, Me and my Baby went to an Irish Dinner at my Baby’s Brothers house and it was soo good and you know what It was my first time having Corn Beef. I had corn beef before but in a can and in most Filipino house hold they have corn beef and corn beef and hash in the can and its pretty popular to have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner but mostly for breakfast. I love Corn Beef its good and with cabbage its even better and with some roasted potatoes~it really simply was the bomb, or bomb.com lol, well anyways before all this goodness happened yesterday in the morning I made crepes with apples and peach compote and it was another spectacular breakfast at my house and quite delicious, easy to make and the filling for crepes are endless.
These Apples & Peach Compote are so easy and delicious, use them to make a topping for just plain vanilla Ice cream or for your morning Pancakes~Yummy~Make these for breakfast and give your hubby or your family a reason to wake up in the morning~Crepes and fruit are always a winner!!!
Crepes With Apple & Peach Compote
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cups of Milk
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter, melted more for pan
- Apple & Peach Compote
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Seeded, Cored
- 2 Fresh Peaches, Peeled, Cored
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of water
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- In a medium Bowl Combine Flour and Salt and mix, Make a well in the middle and add the eggs, beat with a fork slowly incorporating the flour, once the flour is incorporated, add milk a little bit at a time, making sure everything is incorporated. Add the Melted butter and stir mixing well. Let Batter Rest for 30 Minutes.Preheat oven to 200 Degrees. In a Medium to large Saute Pan Heat a teaspoon of butter on medium low heat, add thin layer of crepe batter about 3-4 tablespoons of Batter in center of pan making sure to spread the batter thin. cook for a 1 minute or 2 then flip to cook the other side for 1-2 minutes till crepe is slightly golden brown. transfer to a baking sheet light with parchment paper and keep warm.
- In a Medium Sauce pan add apples, peaches, brown sugar, water and cinnamon and bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally till the liquid is syrupy. Serve as filling for crepes or pancakes. top with powdered sugar and whip cream. Enjoy.
- Note; Double the Apple and Peach compote recipe to make 4.