Last nights dinner is another one for the books, Sesame Honey chicken, I know most chicken dishes in Chinese restaurants are fried and with some kind of sauce, and this one is different just like my previous Chinese take out recipes. 1. it is all white meat, no dark meat or grisly pieces of bad chicken coated in flour or cornstarch then deep fried. 2 No artificial flavors in the sauce, no food coloring, not alot of salt and lastly 3. No deep frying but stir-frying with little oil. Its a healthier Sesame honey chicken, I mean its good and sweet and I love good and sweet together especially for dinner, you cant go wrong with Chinese food especially homemade Chinese food.Now I have a bunch of Chinese recipes at hand and variety is always good.
~Yummy sesame honey Chicken Get in my belly LOL~
- 1 Pound of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Cut into chunks
- 5 Tablespoons of sweet Chilli Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons of honey
- 1 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon of Sesame oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoons of water
- Marinate the chicken breast chunks with 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar in a bowl or a ziplock back for 3-4 hours. Drain and toss the marinade, set aside. In another bowl combine the sweet chilli sauce, honey, soy sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Set aside. heat a wok or medium-large saute pan with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or canola in medium-high heat, when the oil is smoking add the chicken and cook, stirring the chicken, while chicken is cooking combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and water into a small bowl, set aside, when the chicken is almost done cooking add the honey sauce and stir making sure all the chicken is coated with the sauce, add the cornstarch and continue to cook and still till the chicken is cook through and the sauce has thicken. Serve hot with jasmine rice.Enjoy.