As I am writing this post from last nights Dinner, I am having a brain fart, I don’t know what to say other than that this recipe came out of the need to use up my left over Pistachios Spinach Pesto and I thought ” why not combine pesto and Alfredo Sauce together” and !Voila! This green and delicious, and luscious sauce is good, it takes the boring old Alfredo sauce to another level of goodness. The Sauce is smooth and nutty from the Parmesan Cheese, the Pesto add a hint of freshness and combine with both Sweet and hot Italian sausage on 4 Cheese ravioli, Super duper easy pasta dinner on weeknights. I certainly was having trouble on what to make for dinner this week. I hope this recipe will solve some of your week night dinner dilemmas as it has for me. Now to think of what to make for the rest of the week.
The Pasta is really not all the important, you can use any kind of pasta you like, I just thought that 4 cheese ravioli was good but you can certainly use any pasta you like and this cream sauce makes a lot.
Four Cheese Ravioli with Italian Sausage and Spinach Pesto Alfredo Cream Sauce
- 9oz 4 Cheese Ravioli(or any pasta you like)
- 3 Tablespoons of Flour
- 4 tablespoons of Unsalted butter
- 2 large clove of Garlic mince
- 5oz if Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 2 Heaping Teaspoons of Pesto( Store bought or home made)
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 2 cups of Milk
- More than Half a Pound of Italian Sausage
- Cook Pasta according to the box instructions.In a medium sauce pan heat 1 tablespoons of butter, once butter is melted add the mince garlic and cook for a few minutes till garlic is infuse with butter and the garlic is soft but not brown on low heat, add the rest of the butter continue to cook and stir till the rest of the butter is melted. Add 3 heaping tablespoons of flour, whisk and cook flour till it has turn a sandy color and thick, add the the milk and continue to whisk, until the flour has dissolve and sauce has thicken, add the grated Parmesan cheese, pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper, continue to whisk or stir till the cheese has melted, add pesto and continue to cook till pesto is incorporated.Turn off heat and set aside. On a medium saute pan crumble the Italian sausage and cook breaking the meat with a wooden spoon, once the sausage is cook through add the Pesto Alfredo cream sauce. Serve with 4 Cheese ravioli or your favorite Pasta.