16 April, 2013
Szichuan Chicken & Bacon Fried Rice
I gotta be honest with ya, I was feeling lazy the past couple of days and I will not apologize for it. It is really though for me to stay on a routine especially now that I started a blog about my adventures in the kitchen and coming up with fantastic food to make, but after a week of non-blogging-non sharing I feel rejuvenated and fresh. I am ready to share with you more recipes and more of my experiences in the kitchen and I hope that you are fallowing my Journey in the kitchen. Thank you.
Szichuan Chicken last night was another hit in my house, it is all chicken white meat and uber delicious, I made this recipe yesterday morning trying to come up with a meal plan for the week and Success. I also made a very very outrageous Bacon Fried rice to accompany my Szichuan Chicken. Honestly I just made two dinner creations in one, you can have the fried rice by it self because it is really hearty, full of Carrots, celery, scrambled Egg & SMOKED BACON I mean ALOT OF BACON, I use about 8 slices of smoke bacon ( 4 dice and Sauteed on the pan and 4 baked in the oven) there is soo much Crumbled bacon in my fried rice then there is rice lol its bacon heaven for bacon lovers like my self and my baby. If you have left over bacon fried rice, have it for breakfast~it is an beautiful thing I say, Bacon Fried Rice for breakfast, YUM.
- 1 Pound of Boneless Chicken breast cut into chunks
- 4 Tablespoons of water
- 2 Tablespoons of Ketchup
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1 Teaspoon of Chili garlic Sauce ( Sambal Olek)
- 1 Tablespoons of Rice Vinegar
- 2 Large Garlic clove dice
- 1 Tablespoons of Cornstarch dissolve in 1 Tablespoon of Water
- Bacon Fried Rice
- 6-8 Slices of Smoke Bacon Divided
- 1 Large Celery dice
- 1 Large Carrot dice
- 3 Eggs Scrambled Cooked
- 2 Cups of cooked Cold Jasmine white rice
- 4 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- Szichuan Chicken: Marinate the chicken chunks with 3 Tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of Rice vinegar for 4-5 hours, discard the juice then set aside. In a bowl mix water, ketchup, soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce, and rice vinegar, set aside, dice the garlic clove and set aside. Heat a walk or a medium saute pan and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, when smoking add the chicken and cooking and sauteing for a minute or two, add the garlic and continue to cook, add the szichuan sauce and continue to cook for a minute, then add the cornstarch and cook for a minute till the sauce has thicken. Serve hot with white rice of fried rice, Enjoy
- Bacon Fried Rice: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, on a cooling wrack lay bacon slices over a foil line baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crisp ( to your liking) crumble the bacon on a paper towel lice dish, set aside, dice the remaining bacon and render the fat on a Large Skillet, when all the fat of the bacon is rendered transfer to dish and discard bacon most of the bacon fat leaving 2 tablespoons. Add rice and cook breaking up the pieces with a wooden spoon, cook for a minute or so, add the celery and carrots, and cook for 2-3 minutes, add the cooked scrambled eggs breaking up the pieces, add the soy sauce and continue to cook stirring the fried rice then add the crumbles bacon, serve hot, Enjoy with your favorite Asian dish or eat by it self.