16 July, 2013
4 Ingredient Sausage & Potato Gratin
Yesterday~I was all set to prepare a Mexican Dinner~soft pork tacos with my guacamole and Pico De Gallo, but the thing is the meat that I took out to thaw in my fridge was not pork but chicken~an instant of panic and rage came through me~this was not the plan~Crud~crud~crud~crud but I stood calm and I collected my thoughts and~I had no plan B~so I made plan B hahaha and dinner was saved with just 4 ingredients that I have in my kitchen Lucky thanking my planning ahead skills YEAH!!!!!
TADAH!!! The Meal that saved my weeknight dinner~it is super simple and fool proof to make considering that it only has 4 ingredients~I am not including salt & Pepper because you should always have and use salt and pepper in your ingredients, anyways this dish or casserole is creamy~cheesy~layers of Thin potatoes with garlic infuse heavy cream and 4 kinds of cheeses and sweet Italian Sausage~it is a mouth watering dish good to serve as a side dish or a main course~
I mean look at that closely~any potato lovers will love this~and its EASY~My recipe is for 2 but it can be easily double to 4~
- 1 Large Red Skin potato and 1 small red skin potato
- 1 Cup of Heavy cream ( half-half is fine)
- 1 Large Sweet Italian Sausage cooked & Crumbled
- 1 7.5 Oz Sargento 4 State Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 medium knob garlic
- Salt & pepper
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Butter 2 Large Ramekins. Set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan heat the heavy cream and knob of garlic till the cream bubbles on the side on low heat, simmering for 5 minutes, add salt & pepper to taste and a pinch of nutmeg. Turn of the heat and set aside.
- Using a Mandolin cut potatoes to paper thin rounds about 1/8 inch. Layer potatoes starting with cream, potatoes, a tablespoon of cheese. When you get to the top add the cooked sausage and finish off with a handful of cheese~Baked in the oven for 45 minutes till the cheese is bubbly~let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes~Enjoy~