You know my love for cookies are endless~especially for chocolate chip cookies, while they are not my favorite cookie, I still am a fan of chocolate chip cookies and well all things chocolate. I bought my first bag of Whole Wheat flour last week, I want to incorporate more of whole wheat baking in my meals you know because they are more healthy so I started with Chocolate Chip cookies. This Chocolate Chip cookie does not miss a beat on flavor at all~all the components of Chocolate Chip cookie but a healthy more figure friendly, it has everything a chocolate chip cookie has, semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, sugar etc. but it also has whole wheat flour and Old-fashioned Rolled Oats which gives it a nice nutty and slightly crunchy texture~more over they are bite size~you will get at least two bites of this chocolate chip cookie, they are cute I think hahaha~its like having small tea cookies(pinky is up lol) and by the way I apologize for the lack of pictures~I was baking these beauties and eating them at the same time that I completely forgot to take some pictures but just trust me, they are good and good for you, but just remember, try not to have too many because a key to a healthy eating habit/lifestyle is : Everything in moderation.
Wholewheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 Cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Cup golden brown sugar packed
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with silpat or parchment paper.
- In food processor, pulse old-fashioned rolled oats to a finer ground( to your desired ground) and transfer to a bowl, add whole wheat flour and mix, sift all purpose flour, salt, baking powder & baking soda to the oat/wholewheat mixture. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugars and butter till light and fluffy and pale(5 minutes) add eggs one at a time making sure the eggs are incorporated with every addition ( scrape bowl to make sure everything is incorporated) add the vanilla extract. On a low speed slowly add the flour mixture until mostly combined, add the chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scooper scoop a small golf size ball and set 2 inches apart on the pan. Bake for 6 minutes then turn the pan and bake for another 6 minutes. Transfer to a cooking rack and let it sit on the pan or 5 minutes~then transfer to a cooking rack to cool completely~( cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months~place cookies in a air tight container and will keep for 3 days at room temperature)