What can I say~My love for pumpkin is endless~and like I said before~the start of fall is when I will be taking out my fall recipes and making them to stay warm and cozy when the weather becomes more cooler and chillier. My Pumpkin Cinnamon roll cookies have all the flavors of fall~and off course pumpkin DUHH!!!! its full of cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg all that jazz and pumpkin~ohh I love you pumpkin~If I could marry you I would but seriously these cookies are soft & delicious gems of what is to come in my kitchen and in my belly and my hubby’s belly as well. Here are a few things with my pumpkin cinnamon roll cookies to help you out when your making them in your kitchen.1 This recipe is egg-less 2. has whole wheat flour but if you don’t like whole wheat you can omit it and use all-purpose. 3. Rolling this dough out can be difficult so just have patients and try not to over work the though. I hope that you add this gem of a cookie recipe in your fall collection this year, I mean you get cinnamon roll bun flavor in a cookie form and with pumpkin and pumpkin flavors as well~its totally a win win if you as me~Get cracking in the kitchen~make this today~Share or don’t share~you will love it~your family will love it~your friends~lol~Just Make it.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cup All purpose flour(bleached or unbleached)
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 Stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup pumpkin puree( homemade or canned)
- Cinnamon Sugar Filling
- 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- 1 Cup powdered Sugar
- splash of Vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of maple extract(optional)
- 1-3 Tablespoon of Milk
- In a medium bowl whisk together and combine, flours, spices,baking powder & salt. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream butter and brown sugar together till light and fluffy about 3-5 minutes. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract and beat till it is well incorporated. Add the dry mixture in several additions just until its combined. Roll the dough out to a 1/4 thickness, 9x6 square on to a parchment paper. In a small bowl combine the cinnamon sugar filling and spread evenly on the rolled out dough leaving an inch border. Roll the dough out like a jelly role tightly ( pinch the dough if it cracks up~and it will) tightly wrap in plastic and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat. Remove dough from the fridge and cut into 1/4 thick slices, place on baking sheet 1 inch apart and bake for 8-10 Minutes until the edges are golden brown, Let cookies sit on the cookies sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Glaze: add powdered sugar in a medium bowl, with a splash of vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup and mix with a whisk. Add 1 tablespoons of milk to your desired consistency and ice cooled pumpkin cinnamon roll cookies.