10 April, 2014
Meat Lovers Thin Crust Pizza
Pizza~Pizza~Pizza~how I love to hate you but really~secretly loving you but~hating you at the same time~I know this does not make sense to you but it does to me. I have mad like for pizza~I crave it often but~then at the same time~its like~DAMN IT I DID IT AGAIN~HAD WAY TOO MUCH PIZZA~GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR…… that is the one thing I hate about pizza~you cant just have one slice~so you take your second and your third and your fourth and then, next thing you know you are fully bloated, but in all fairness its worth it 50% at a time especially when you make you own, Indeed I made my own.
Learning from my past mistakes of making pizza~to just go with moderation~my thin crust pizza is absolutely delicious~Hands down~with mushrooms~both sweet and hot Italian sausages, pepperoni and apple smoked bacon and one of the most delicious~most easy pizza/marinara tomato sauce you can ever make. You see in the past when I have made pizza~and I have made several times~is that I tend to go overboard with the toppings~this time~I learn to just the little toppings are the best~few so you can pile on some more of other toppinngs~this pizza is hearty~crunchy~and all around a good weekend night meals to have with family and good movie to watch with a side of soda or beer~your choice~and hey pile on what ever toppings you have~if you wanna go vegetarian go vegetarian~Asian inspired pizza~go for it~pizza is a blank canvas that you can paint and add what ever you want.
Pizza dough is easy~you can make a medium pizza~or divide it to little individual pizzas~and trust me~this pizza dough will be your go to pizza dough because it really is easy~you will not regret it. One of the easiest pizza dough to make.
- Pizza Dough ( Makes 2 medium pizza 12 inch)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3/4 Cup of warm water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive oil (oiling bowl)
- tomato Sauce/Marinara
- 1 15 oz can fire roasted petite dice tomatoes
- 2 garlic clove finely mince
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- fresh or shredded mozzarella Cheese
- Cooked Sweet and hot Italian Sausages
- Cooked Bacon (regular or smoked your choice)
- Pizza Dough
- In a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment, combine all flour, the salt and sugar into the bowl and mix on low speed till the everything is combined, heat the water on the microwave for 25 second till warm but not hot~ add yeast to water and let it sit for 2-3 minutes till it starts to foam, with the mixer on low slowly add the water, continue kneading till you form a shaggy dough.Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes, incorporating all the flours, if the dough is still sticky add 1 tablespoon of flour at time till the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Smooth the dough out in to a smooth ball and place and roll the dough around the oiled bowl and let it rise on a warm place covered with towel for 1-to-1 1/2 hour.
- (this point you can once its has risen, divide the dough in half~you can use one or use both~this pizza dough makes 2 medium 10-12 inch pizza dough~depending on how thin you roll the dough out)
- Marinara Sauce
- In a medium saucepan heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil, when its hot, add mince garlic and saute till fragrant about a minute~add the Italian seasoning and cook for a minute, then add the fire roasted tomatoes and sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and process till some what smooth.
- Making Pizza
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Take dough and roll out on a floured parchment paper to 1/4 thickness 10-12 inch round or (big enough to fit to your baking sheet)in the center place thin layer of marina sauce all round leaving an inch border~spread some sausage on pizza, then some of the bacon, add the shredded mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni and mushrooms and some more mozzarella cheese, slide the pizza with the parchment paper on to the a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or till the pizza is bubbly and brown on the edges.